Hello Lashy Ladies!
When it comes to beauty, I’m willing to try anything and everything – from painting my eyelids bright blue to dousing my lips in glitter! But one thing that I’ve always stayed away from is the “Eyelash Curler”. I’ll admit it. I’m among the terrified few who shy away from the metal loops of lash curlers, certain I’ll rip out all my eyelashes or crimp my eyelids. Allowing a tiny, metal guillotine so close to my eyes? Indeed a strict NO-NO!
This was my biggest beauty fear until I met a stunning young makeup artist from Sephora. She was a step ahead of all of us. She was using the HEATED EYELASH CURLER for heaven’s sake! So intrigued that I actually walked up to her and started badgering her with all sorts of weird questions. (PS: I’m sure she thought I was totally crazy!) After a detailed conversation with her I realized that there has to be something to this appliance — why else would generations upon generations of beauty experts use it? I finally gathered the courage and tried it out. The result was unbelievable!
Here’s a real eye opener for the girl who would love to have the curl minus the crimping, pinching, and breaking of traditional hinged lash curlers. This sleek, safe and gentle heating wand delivers maximum curl where you want it without damaging your eyelashes. It really locks the curl in. You can get closer to the root without fear of lid-pinching, and its fine to use over dry mascara for an eye-opening, midday refresh.
1. When you switch on the Heated Eyelash Curler, a light should appear on the front indicating that the gadget is ON.
2. It takes about 20-30 seconds for the heated eyelash curler to warm up properly.
3. Apply your mascara while the eyelash curler is heating up. This is a gadget to be used on mascara. Make sure that the mascara is completely dry before using the gadget
4. Hold the curler against the lid for about 8-10 seconds.
5. Run the heated curler from the roots to the tip in an upward curve, hold for a short moment, then release. The heat warms up the mascara and allows you to put in even more of a bend, which is then locked in place when the mascara hardens again.
The thought of putting something hot so close to my eyes made me too nervous. But this one, however, is absolutely fool-proof. As compared with traditional curlers, its way more “effective, gentle, and pleasant.” The heated eyelash curler created a beautiful, swooping curl that stood tall for a long time. Simply Genius!
Until Next Time